Tuesday, January 5, 2010

This road leads home

It's 1:30 in the afternoon...nary a call from anyone about the 4 different jobs I responded to in December. I can understand waiting until after the holidays (somewhat) to contact people for interviews...but HOW long after the holidays???? Do they actually NEED people in those positions or are they fucking (a derivative of my favorite cuss word) with people who TRULY need a full time job? I'm already formulating a back up plan that will go into effect this summer, which will hopefully coincide with my son and DIL successfully getting into their own place. Had thought about applying for a job in Alaska, but they don't have any relocation assistance, so not gonna bother! And if I was considering a job there (2400+ miles away from here), no reason why I shouldn't consider my home state of Ohio again...which would address a couple other situations too.
Update: Have an interview for a position with Head Start. The position is for Family/Community Services Manager. I'm reading up the responsibilities and preparing for a good interview...will keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment