Sunday, January 10, 2010

now what?

Manic Monday #196

1. What is one thing you wish you could change about yourself? Be rid of the abuse in my past.

2. Do you believe everything happens for a reason? Yes I do, even though I don't agree with it sometimes. I believe that situations change in order for a new (and hopefully better) situation to come in.

3. What would be your dream job? Running a shop for low-income adults trying to get back in the job market (will be a referral process) to get a few interview outfits (clothing, shoes, etc). I've discovered that quite a few people don't have appropriate clothing for interviews and may get overlooked because of it. Also serves to boost their confidence and self-esteem.

Went to my interview and met with a panel of seven people - no pressure there! Won't know anything before end of next week, but that will be the beginning of the process. Top 3 candidates are notified. The #1 candidate undergoes a background check, credit check, and drug and alcohol screen. If anything comes back to your detriment, offer of employment is withdrawn and the next candidate is notified and goes through the same process. I was enthusiastic during the interview (which was followed by an essay portion to test your writing and critical thinking abilities). I walked out of there not really feeling great, but that may come from going through this process only to bumped out by a current employee or somebody's friend/relative. Not sure what else I can do - I give 100%, but my confidence is shaken as I'm walking out the door. I'm treating "job searching" as a full time job, but there's only so many places I can apply before I become a nuisance. Not sure if anything is coming up where I'm currently employed part-time, on-call (which doesn't meet my basic living expenses). I can feel discouragement elbowing its way in and taking up residence next to insomnia on the couch!

No comments:

Post a Comment