Thursday, January 7, 2010

can I blame this on Rio?

Sat around last night and told some "Chance stories" to my daughter in law. She laughed so hard! Me too....felt pretty good. Before my son and DIL went off to bed, they showed me how to set the sleep timer on the TV so I could watch a movie...got that all set and decided to get Hunter up to the bathroom in hopes he'd have a dry night for himself. I picked him up outta bed and could smell the sleep swirling around his little head. He laid his head on my shoulder and wrapped his arms round my neck - brought a few tears to my eyes because he reminded me of Chance at that age. He sat on the pot, did #1, and went right back to sleep. I settled myself on the couch and don't even remember getting 5 minutes into the movie...I awoke hearing Hunter saying "i hear noises." I walked over, picked him up (still dry), and asked him "what noises?" All he said was "san poil noises." HUH???????? So I cuddled him on the couch and he was back out in 30 seconds. I put him back to bed. A couple hours later, he was in the hallway again saying "I see shadow and hear san poil noises." The only thing I can figure is he saw the cat (that only comes out from her hidey hole under Kim and Gayle's bed at night). He wanted to cuddle with me again and we both woke up together on the couch this morning (and yes, he was still dry!) Had to come home earlier than I wanted because I have a job interview tomorrow morning as well, but I had a great time and am looking forward to seeing them again soon and may even take them to see a movie.
As I'm writing this, I'm waiting for a "friend" to show up with my laptop that he had someone look at for me. (He offered to fix it and I told him no.) I'm so perturbed because he's two hours late (so far). Seems to be an epidemic here in this town...people not being courteous, etc. Or perhaps it's me...I'm not worthy of their effort? I don't consider them worthy of mine anymore.
What's truly bothering me about this "friend" situation is that there's more to it than I'm willing or able to put to words, but suffice to say I'm hurting over it.
The "friend" just showed up (2 1/2 hours after he said he'd be here). He attempted to engage me in small talk, but before I could tell him I really didn't want to visit, he pulled out his phone to answer a fucking text message from someone, I thanked him for bringing my laptop back and told him to have a good night as I opened the door for him. See ya!

TAURUS (April 20-May 20). Despite the moments of self-doubt that every human experiences from time to time, you are more than competent to cope with the basic challenges of life. Keep reminding yourself that you are powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment