Friday, October 2, 2009

A new, new beginning...

Took in a family member (an 'adult,' mind you). Knew there was some potential risk involved. Explained the rules (90% - pick up after yourself; 10% no lying, no stealing, maintain personal hygiene and personal responsibility - which was explained in detail). Six weeks later, no improvement, attitude, unfettered sense of entitlement, and demand for unearned respect brought this chapter to a close. As if that wasn't enough, his immediate family, who didn't step up to the plate initially, turned on me like a pack of pirahnna. That's gratitude for ya!

http://thursdaythunks.blogspot.com/
1. What color is your mouthwash? It's included in my toothpaste (Listerene), which is sparkly green.
2. Do you remember your first phone number? I remember my first phone from 6th grade on. Have you called it recently? No, I'm afraid I'll pick it up in a past or future life.
3. BPD in OKC's question- Do you have a super-secret hiding place and what's in it? Yes I do, and I'm not telling what's in it.
4. When was the last time you used a pay phone? That would have been last month when Canadian border agents refused to allow me to take my son's clothing into Canada (they didn't find him in their immigration database, therefore, were not going to allow me to take clothing to him "because they weren't going to contribute to his comfort.") WTF???? So I had to go back into the US and call from a payphone there to let my son know I couldn't cross this time. Wish I had enough clout to get them transferred to the border shack in the Yukon.
How much did it cost to make the call? The call cost $1.75 (US dollars).
5. What was that noise?A tree falling in the alpine forest in the Yukon.
6. Stef H's question- how long is a woodpecker's pecker? Long enough to do the job.
7. How many comments did you receive on your last Thursday's Thunk? None, since this is my first post. Ask me next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment