Friday, October 16, 2009

dejavu

Bizarre dream last night. I received a phone call to babysit for a family I used to babysit for in high school. I accepted and was supposed to be at their house at 7 or 7:30. I began walking and was panicking because I couldn't remember which time and was afraid of being late. So I began to run and remembered that I can't run fast in my dream. I told myself I wasn't dreaming and looked down at my feet. I saw I had running shoes and began to run. However, I didn't have socks on and my feet were coming out of the shoes and I couldn't get a good foot hold to run. I rounded the corner of the street I used to live on in the neighborhood where I went to high school. I saw a group of people loading up their SUVs and trucks with camping gear. I walked up and said I was looking for someone who I was supposed to babysit for. They told me they never heard of them. I figured I was dreaming and that the phone call to babysit wasn't real. I walked down the street and found a little grocery on the corner. I stopped in and the man told me that he fired his staff. I offered to take a part-time job to help out. He looked me up and down and said "I'll have you behind the chocolate counter selling chocolates." I accepted and reminded him I could only work part-time because I worked at night. I remember asking him about a job for my son, who I imagined was still 17 and in high school. He told me he would call. An old woman came in and looked sad. Another adult mail told my soon to be boss that he needed to tell his mother and he couldn't bear to tell her, though I have no idea what they had to tell her. Did I mention the family is of Middle Eastern descent? Bizarre!

No comments:

Post a Comment