Saturday, October 17, 2009

http://samanthasaturday9.blogspot.com/
1. When you were young, what did you want to be when you grew up? A nurse, but then changed to doctor...ended up a social worker.
2. Did you ever pursue that career? Yes, got my master's degree.
3. If you are not in that field, what changed? I'm in my chosen field.
4. What is your current job? Social worker for abused and neglected children.
5. What's the best part of what you do? Helping children.
6. Do you have plans to do something else down the road? Not at this time. Spent too much money and time to change now.
7. How did you get your present job? If you are a stay at home mom, how long did you need to plan that move? Applied for it just like everyone else. Having the master's degree helps.
8. Did your parents influence your choices of jobs over the years? Nope. My father told me that my bachelor's degree and a dime would get me a cup of coffee. When I got my Master's degree, he asked me if I realized what kind of people I'd be working with. My mother has been absent since birth, physically since I was 10.
9. What advice would you give your children on careers? Do something that you're passionate about and can support your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment