Sunday, October 25, 2009

It's Raining, It's Pouring...

Good news and not so good news...I did get a job with the state. However, it's "intermittent, on-call," though I am approved for overtime and can volunteer for as many days as I want. The pay is not what I was making, but it's a decent wage. This gets my foot in the door for regular employment and benefits when an opening comes up. Won't really know the details until I start on Nov 2.
More good news - very unexpected, though almost not. A classmate has been in love with me for over 30 years and recently told me. My first reaction was disbelief (this just doesn't happen to me) and then my heart melted. We have talked, IMd, and emailed almost everyday since then. He is coming out for a visit next month, and we'll go from there. And always with good news, comes not so good news. I can't bring myself to think or write about it here, at this time because I've been there and know the pain that this situation is causing for another. Having said that, I find myself not caring, or at least not wanting to deal with it on that level.
And then, that brings me to another couple of situations. I am conflicted, though know the situations must be dealt with. Why must hearts hurt?

No comments:

Post a Comment