Saturday, March 27, 2010

Seems that I've taken a sabbatical from my blog...unintentional of course...just something that happened. So rather that try to catch up with a vengeance, I'll give a short update since mid-January.
I was finally hired full time as the 'Family and Community Services Manager' for the local county Head Start program. It's a new position and there were LOTS of applicants from local folks, but I landed it. Funny thing is, I walked out of that interview feeling like I blew it. Since then, I've gone to Washington DC and Charleston SC for conferences and training. I'm slowly "getting it," but also feel like I should be doing more. However, my boss (the Executive Director) told me that she doesn't fully expect that I'll be 'up and running' for a full year. Now I don't feel so inept. Am getting a bit of resistance from one of the employees I supervise (she applied for and didn't get this job), and dealing with some minor sabotage and undermining, but am going through the channels to deal with it. I am doing okay with the others, so that helps.
I ended a friendship with someone and have moved forward on another relationship. Eric is moving out here in the next couple weeks and we're gonna "give it a go." I'm not wanting to have any expectations and wonder if that's the best approach, but console myself by telling me that it's the safest approach.
All that aside, I found out that licensing requirements are a bit different here in this state and if I can't get in with a federal employer, may have to return to Ohio to get my supervision hours. Deadline for moving will be this summer if I don't get in to a federal position...no matter what though, will be moving from this area.
My kids moved 4 hours further north in BC, but they seem to be happier and that's what really matters in the grand scheme of things. Hopeful that everything will finally fall into place for them (which will reduce the stress factor for me).

Saturday 9: You're My Best Friend

1. Outside of your romantic life, do you currently have a best friend? Haven't had a "best friend" in a very long time.

2. Regarding your future, what is the best thing you could hope for? Stable health and happiness.

3. Have you ever helped out a friend with basic needs, like rent or food? If yes. what did you do? Does family count? If so, helped with basic needs (and I've been on the receiving end as well.)

4. If they re-instituted the draft (for both genders and your were of age) would you go, or would find some way out of it? I'd go if they'd take me...I feel I have the mettle to deal with it.

5. Tell us one thing you wish you hadn't let yourself do. Fall in love indiscriminately.

6. Tell us about the last time you bragged. More like "tooted my own horn," but I feel I sold myself pretty hard at my last job interview.

7. What area are you wisest in? Hindsight.

8. Tell us about something that happened that at the time made you "full of yourself". Thinking I found love again.

9. Has there ever been a time that you wanted to try something in the bedroom, but were afraid to ask? Nope (part of that 'indiscriminate' trait I seem to possess.)

2 comments: