Thursday, December 10, 2009

"We take a risk when we open our hearts because the truth is, if we open our hearts, we will get hurt. You can't open your heart and not have some hurt because you're in a human experience..." ~Mary Morrissey

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." ~Lao Tzu

Cut off a friendship that I can't bear to continue - too wrought with emotional pain for me, and pain has no place where trust is present, at least not in my book. Was easier than I thought, but gonna be tough. I'll just view this as something to get past...like I did when I quit smoking. The pain will pass in time and I'll be healthier. Still gonna miss him.

Update 12/18/2009 : Talked with him and decided we still wanted to maintain a friendship, but I can't. The shallowness that is present is so nauseating that I don't know what the hell I was thinking - men can't be friends with women. The pain is completely gone now and I can't believe I allowed myself to become so distraught over the potential loss of it - what a waste of my time!

No comments:

Post a Comment